WAMC 3 interviews 1 KIRA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Greenthumb10

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Date of submission: 9/20/23
Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.68
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA-17 , PA-23, QR-17, RC-19, Bio-16, GC-19, OC-16



Major:
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? Yes
Nontrad? Yes

Shadowing Experience: 150+ general dentistry
Volunteering Experience: dental assistant at charity clinic
Employment:
1000+ as a dental assistant
Research: none
Other Extracurriculars:
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? No
Relevant Honors or Awards: Outstanding Student in my college

Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: applying late and with low DAT scores

School list:


I know my DAT score has a lot lacking, but a lot of that is due to my dyslexia and dysgraphia. Testing has never been a strong suit, but I have always made up for it in my effort and determination , and received decent grades in college. I am planning on retaking my DAT next week, and have been doing better on practice exams. But I am concerned that if I do not do better it may sway the Schools I have interviews with away from me.
 
Last edited:
I don’t really see the reason to retaking your DAT? You’ve got 3 interviews. That tells me schools were able to look past your DAT score and still extend an interview as they think you will succeed at their school.

I agree, if you do worse it might hurt you in the end. I’d honestly push it back past Dec 15th and take it if you don’t get in somewhere.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where else did you apply?

Delay that DAT until you know you have been rejected at the schools on your list. Did you have documentation for requesting accommodations?
I applied to the following:
  • University of Maryland
  • Detroit mercy
  • Roseman
  • KCU
  • University of lousisville
  • University of New England
  • Tufts
  • Midwestern university Illinois
  • Midwestern university Arizona
  • Marquette
  • Arizona
  • Creighton university
  • Oklahoma University
  • Meharry