WAMC 3 interviews 1 KIRA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greenthumb10

Reaction score
Date of submission: 9/20/23
Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.68
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA-17 , PA-23, QR-17, RC-19, Bio-16, GC-19, OC-16

Major:
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? Yes
Nontrad? Yes

Shadowing Experience: 150+ general dentistry
Volunteering Experience: dental assistant at charity clinic
Employment:
1000+ as a dental assistant
Research: none
Other Extracurriculars:
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? No
Relevant Honors or Awards: Outstanding Student in my college

Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: applying late and with low DAT scores

School list:

I know my DAT score has a lot lacking, but a lot of that is due to my dyslexia and dysgraphia. Testing has never been a strong suit, but I have always made up for it in my effort and determination , and received decent grades in college. I am planning on retaking my DAT next week, and have been doing better on practice exams. But I am concerned that if I do not do better it may sway the Schools I have interviews with away from me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don’t really see the reason to retaking your DAT? You’ve got 3 interviews. That tells me schools were able to look past your DAT score and still extend an interview as they think you will succeed at their school.

I agree, if you do worse it might hurt you in the end. I’d honestly push it back past Dec 15th and take it if you don’t get in somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way to take the test and just not send it to the schools I have interviews with?

I’m just assuming I won’t get accepted before Dec 15 because next interview is November 27 and the last is Dec 6

Where else did you apply?

Delay that DAT until you know you have been rejected at the schools on your list. Did you have documentation for requesting accommodations?
I applied to the following:
  • University of Maryland
  • Detroit mercy
  • Roseman
  • KCU
  • University of lousisville
  • University of New England
  • Tufts
  • Midwestern university Illinois
  • Midwestern university Arizona
  • Marquette
  • Arizona