• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

sowow21

2+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello!

I am currently a D1 student and was wondering if I can spend my longer winter or summer breaks to earn some certificates that can benefit me as a student and hopefully as a future dentist.

Please post if you have any ideas or advice

About the Ads

TanMan

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
You can often take CE's at a largely discounted rate as a student. I remember doing some ortho and endo CE's; ortho, I did the Powerprox ortho course (gave me a student discount), and I remember sitting in my school's endo CE course. I think it's more useful as a 3rd and 4th year since the courses have more context. I forgot what else I took, but it's not a bad idea. I think it also gives you a direction in terms of what you want to do in your own practice.

To reiterate what they are saying: Pass the NBDE (is there still a score?), it's not hard at all, but it is an annoying test if you have to retake it.

Reactions: PreDentTechySon
About the Ads