Certifications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

071454pg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently personal training and my company will reimburse us for a certification each year. Since I am applying to PT school I am thinking of getting Gray Cook's FMS certification. I was wondering if people who are familiar with it think this is a good one to get or if there is a better one out there and how it much the FMS would help me? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, as a fellow trainer I think the concepts and theory behind the fms are absolutely brilliant and if you can go to the workshop for free, definitely do it. It was a bit pricey for me, but I have read pretty much every single thing gray cook has ever written and I apply his concepts and methodology to my training a lot. I strongly reccomend getting his book called `movement.` also, check out stuff by mike boyle and stuart mcgill. And finally, the best source of information out right now I believe is www.mobilitywod.com and it is free to! The guy that runs it is a dpt and a strength coach. I actually attended his workshop a few months ago, and if u want some access to videos from that with great info, just pm me.