Certiphi Background Check taking too long

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheesin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my request for the background check a week and a half ago. In the follow-up email, it said it should take about 3-5 days, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Based on your experience, are long waits for this normal? I imagine they're probably doing a lot of them at this time

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted mine on 1/27 and got the report on 2/10, so around 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on 1/27 and got the report on 2/10, so around 2 weeks.
Just to give another experience, I submitted on Friday and got the report the following Monday, so really one business day. YMMV I suppose.

Reactions: 1 users
They're probably finding something really bad and aren't sure how to approach you.

Reactions: 1 user
They're probably finding something really bad and aren't sure how to approach you.

They found out he is literally a cute dog and are trying to figure out how to break the news to him.

In fact, I've heard UConn only accepts huskies:D

Sorry, I had to.

Reactions: 2 users
Patience. They're probably being overwhelmed with them right now.

In fact, I've heard UConn only accepts huskies:D

Sorry, I had to.

UW as well apparently.

On topic: took me 2 weeks to get it back. I think it just varies a lot!

If you lived abroad in the last 5 years it could take longer - just as one example!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks, everyone! I lived abroad over 10 years ago, but that could still be why it's taking so long. Patience, it is.

If you do it once, do all schools you're accepted to have access to it?

Mine took a day to get the report back.

However, I held a security clearance while in the military so they might have already had a bunch of my history on file and just had to pull it up.

Thanks, everyone! I lived abroad over 10 years ago, but that could still be why it's taking so long. Patience, it is.

Yeah that's why I only reported the required 10 year time frame, and not where I grew up overseas as a kid.

If you do it once, do all schools you're accepted to have access to it?

I believe so!

Mine just came back, all clear! But apparently not a husky, so there's that.

Hi guys, reviving this thread cause I had a question about Certiphi requests but didn't see a general thread to post in. Do you guys happen to know when these background checks typically go out? I've been accepted to a school a while back but haven't received a request yet.

Hi guys, reviving this thread cause I had a question about Certiphi requests but didn't see a general thread to post in. Do you guys happen to know when these background checks typically go out? I've been accepted to a school a while back but haven't received a request yet.
Check your clutter/spam folder. That's where mine was. I had had it for a week in my inbox. I found it on Sunday and submitted all the necessary info. It was back by 3pm the following day.