Certiphi Background Check taking too long

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cheesin

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my request for the background check a week and a half ago. In the follow-up email, it said it should take about 3-5 days, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Based on your experience, are long waits for this normal? I imagine they're probably doing a lot of them at this time
 
I submitted mine on 1/27 and got the report on 2/10, so around 2 weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, everyone! I lived abroad over 10 years ago, but that could still be why it's taking so long. Patience, it is.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Mine took a day to get the report back.

However, I held a security clearance while in the military so they might have already had a bunch of my history on file and just had to pull it up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, everyone! I lived abroad over 10 years ago, but that could still be why it's taking so long. Patience, it is.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Yeah that's why I only reported the required 10 year time frame, and not where I grew up overseas as a kid.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Hi guys, reviving this thread cause I had a question about Certiphi requests but didn't see a general thread to post in. Do you guys happen to know when these background checks typically go out? I've been accepted to a school a while back but haven't received a request yet.
 
Hi guys, reviving this thread cause I had a question about Certiphi requests but didn't see a general thread to post in. Do you guys happen to know when these background checks typically go out? I've been accepted to a school a while back but haven't received a request yet.
Check your clutter/spam folder. That's where mine was. I had had it for a week in my inbox. I found it on Sunday and submitted all the necessary info. It was back by 3pm the following day.