cGPA 3.42; sGPA 3.4; 36 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoZagsMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there!

So my cum. GPA is 3.42 (last 4 semesters were 3.7+), sGPA of 3.4, and a 36 MCAT.

Major: B.A. in Biology and Economics
Member of Omicron Delta Epsilon (Economics Honor Society)... does that help at all?

By the time I apply I will have 250-300 hours of volunteering in the ER/hospital, half of which is from working in a clinic in South Africa (don't really know if thats particularly looked highly upon or not). Also have ~40 hours of shadowing right now. Will also have a about 12 months of working as a medical scribe by the time I apply next year.

I have 2.5 years of research experience, one year was essentially volunteer, is a physiology lab. Also a part of that is marine bio research abroad.

Service/Leadership- Eagle Scout (=volunteer+leadership), different volunteer projects while abroad.

So overall, how competitive would you say I am? Do I have a shot of getting into an MD school? And is there any advice you could give for my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Your MCAT is great, and the rest of your application is coming along nicely. The GPA is the main weakness, but not lethal by any means; do you have a year left of school?

I dont, I graduated in May =\.. I should say I'm from Washington so will be hoping I get into University of Washington..