DO cGPA: 3.72 sGPA: 3.60 MCAT: 499

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettylittledoctor22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My GPA and MCAT are listed above.
I am a URM in some cases (Cuban)
Fluent in Spanish
120 hours of shadowing
100 hours of volunteering (including leadership in a volunteer organization)
180 hours of research (summer)
Resident Assistant for 2 years
Tutor for 1 year
VP of an honor society, involved in a sorority, Teaching Assistant for biology, Workshop leader for biology
Several scholarships + Honors/Awards
Letter of Recommendations by professors/doctors who knew me well

So far I have: (which I picked based on location)
1. Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
2. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Bradenton Campus
Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine (my sister lives in NC)

Members don't see this ad.

You need to apply to more schools. Your MCAT is on the low side but there are some DO schools where your MCAT could result in an interview: Consider adding these schools to your application:
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
PCOM-GEORGIA
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM

You need to apply to more schools. Your MCAT is on the low side but there are some DO schools where your MCAT could result in an interview: Consider adding these schools to your application:
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
PCOM-GEORGIA
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM

Oh I know I have to add quite a few more! I picked the first three based on location (i'm a florida resident and sister's location) but wanted to see where else I had a chance! I was initially only going to apply MD but decided to apply DO and see which ones I have a shot at :) Thank you for your reply!! I will definitely look into those.

Members don't see this ad :)