cGPA 3.63, sGPA 3.42, MCAT pending, possible med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClayB123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just completed undergrad with a BS in Dietetics, nutrition, and food sciences. I've taken my pre-med courses, including two 200-level BIOC courses (Both A- grades), Anatomy and physio (A grade), and Pharm (A grade). "B-" in Orgo 1, "A" in Orgo 2. "B to B+"s in both BIOL and PHYS semesters. Never got a C in a class, so find it unnecessary to retake any courses.

Experience:
100+ hours volunteering in hospital ICU,
6-month work experience as a medical scribe in the ER,
1 year-present working as a surgical tech in the operating room during summer/breaks.

Applying to MS Medical Science program for next Fall to strengthen my academic credentials and gain research/shadowing experience prior to med school.

Haven't taken MCAT - want to spend next year/summer studying while pursuing master's so that I can crush it when the time comes.

Thinking ahead, if I score highly on the MCAT and keep up EC's, any recommendations for which MD schools I would be competitive to attend?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just completed undergrad with a BS in Dietetics, nutrition, and food sciences. I've taken my pre-med courses, including two 200-level BIOC courses (Both A- grades), Anatomy and physio (A grade), and Pharm (A grade). "B-" in Orgo 1, "A" in Orgo 2. "B to B+"s in both BIOL and PHYS semesters. Never got a C in a class, so find it unnecessary to retake any courses.

Experience:
100+ hours volunteering in hospital ICU,
6-month work experience as a medical scribe in the ER,
1 year-present working as a surgical tech in the operating room during summer/breaks.

Applying to MS Medical Science program for next Fall to strengthen my academic credentials and gain research/shadowing experience prior to med school.

Haven't taken MCAT - want to spend next year/summer studying while pursuing master's so that I can crush it when the time comes.

Thinking ahead, if I score highly on the MCAT and keep up EC's, any recommendations for which MD schools I would be competitive to attend?
This can't be answered without an MCAT score

Members don't see this ad :)
Just as an FYI, a cumulative GPA is ALL your course GPA and not your GPA added up.

Reactions: 1 users