Challenging situation secondary essay help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A Capable Commode

Reaction score
I've been conflicted between a few prompts for writing about:

"A challenging situation or obstacle you have faced in the past. Why was it challenging? How did you handle it? Knowing what you know now, would you do anything differently? What did you learn? "

I would love to get additional insight on which answer better fits the prompt or if none of the options would suffice.

1. During struggling family times, I became exceptionally close with my sister through assisting with her concerns. Her experience would vary heavily from mine, experiencing harsh academic, social, and mental states. It was difficult to connect upon leaving for college, learning when my input or support was needed, and providing sufficient insight into things I haven't experienced. Became a better mentor in academia in using these skills.

2. Grew up with a father who struggles with alcoholism and friends who almost strictly drank alcohol. I developed an aversion to alcohol due to my family history, but my college friend's primary social outlet was drinking. Overcame extensive peer pressure to drink alcohol at parties and events, developing my confidence and control in my future. I instilled this confidence and control in my father to overcome his drinking through regular phone calls and intervention, eventually lessening his drinking habits. (Could talk about the challenge of not succumbing to peer pressure or the process of lessening my fathers drinking)

3. Fear of heights- Had a deeply ingrained fear of heights, would be terrified of rollercoasters or large lecture halls. I would attempt to beat the fear of heights by pairing things I enjoy with an added component of heights. I would always sit near the top of classes, invited friends to learn bouldering with me, and volunteer to make deliveries in the large hilly areas of my city. Now generally unphased when I experience heights.

Thanks for your insight in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been conflicted between a few prompts for writing about:

"A challenging situation or obstacle you have faced in the past. Why was it challenging? How did you handle it? Knowing what you know now, would you do anything differently? What did you learn? "

I would love to get additional insight on which answer better fits the prompt or if none of the options would suffice.

1. During struggling family times, I became exceptionally close with my sister through assisting with her concerns. Her experience would vary heavily from mine, experiencing harsh academic, social, and mental states. It was difficult to connect upon leaving for college, learning when my input or support was needed, and providing sufficient insight into things I haven't experienced. Became a better mentor in academia in using these skills.

2. Grew up with a father who struggles with alcoholism and friends who almost strictly drank alcohol. I developed an aversion to alcohol due to my family history, but my college friend's primary social outlet was drinking. Overcame extensive peer pressure to drink alcohol at parties and events, developing my confidence and control in my future. I instilled this confidence and control in my father to overcome his drinking through regular phone calls and intervention, eventually lessening his drinking habits. (Could talk about the challenge of not succumbing to peer pressure or the process of lessening my fathers drinking)

3. Fear of heights- Had a deeply ingrained fear of heights, would be terrified of rollercoasters or large lecture halls. I would attempt to beat the fear of heights by pairing things I enjoy with an added component of heights. I would always sit near the top of classes, invited friends to learn bouldering with me, and volunteer to make deliveries in the large hilly areas of my city. Now generally unphased when I experience heights.

Thanks for your insight in advance!
I agree with Moko.

Reactions: 1 user