Chance at lower tier schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDent02

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am the typical below average applicant lol and everyone on here only posts crazy high scores and stats but i know people get in below the 20+s and 3.5+s

Anyways, i have a 3.3 GPA (strong upward trend 3.7 the last 2 years), an 18 AA, 18TS, 18 PAT, 20RC, and 1000+ volunteering, 250+ shadowing, and tons of leadership, and worked throughout my whole college career! I was wondering if i even had a chance at lower tier schools? I can’t apply to Meharry or Howard, and I’m not URM!

Do i have a chance even at the lower tier schools? I’m applying to 15-20 schools and my app will be done before the end of June

Members don't see this ad.

lower tier school? There are people with high stats getting rejected from every school all the time

Your GPA/DAT combo is not advantageous with a 3.3 I would hope to have a 21+ DAT or a 3.8 with an 18AA to have a good chance

Is it impossible for you to get an interview? no, there are people that get interviews all the time with below average stats but whether than translates to an acceptance comes down to having an amazing interview, better than those with higher stats.

My advice would be to retake the DAT but like I said it is not impossible for you to get an interview, just much harder with those that have a 19-20AA with similar TS
I don’t mean lower tier schools in a bd way i mean lower statistic schools.. but i do get it.