Chance for 2018 cycle? I need help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWannaBeADentist2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 3.29oGPA and 3.29 BCP, and a 3.034 sGPA. Thats what it most likely is going to be because my semester isn't too bad.

With a 22 DAT, 180 hours shadowing/ Volunteering, and lots of leadership and strong letters of Rec.

Im applying early June, and I'm just nervous my GPA is too low.

Im applying to 19 schools, mostly private and very broadly but I'm scared my GPA is just gonna throw my application out... Should i post my school list?

I'd really appreciate any help!! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have a 3.29oGPA and 3.29 BCP, and a 3.034 sGPA. Thats what it most likely is going to be because my semester isn't too bad.

With a 22 DAT, 180 hours shadowing/ Volunteering, and lots of leadership and strong letters of Rec.

Im applying early June, and I'm just nervous my GPA is too low.

Im applying to 19 schools, mostly private and very broadly but I'm scared my GPA is just gonna throw my application out... Should i post my school list?

I'd really appreciate any help!! Thank you!
What are the rest of your DAT section scores? School list would help along with residency

What are the rest of your DAT section scores? School list would help along with residency

Im an Ohio resident, and i had a 21 PAT and 21 TS as well

OSU, Case Western, Touro, Boston, LECOM, MidWestern Illinois, NYU, Tufts, UNE in Maine, University of Nevada Las Vegas, University of Kentucky, University of Louisville, Roseman University, Western University in Pomona, A.T Still in Arizona, UDM, Midwestern Arizona but its shady,NOVA, Indiana, USC

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be a good idea to try to bring your GPA up, but you definitely have a shot with the dat. School list is good.

Reactions: 1 user
So go with what i got pretty much and pray for the best? I feel like i picked schools that i should have a chance at.. and other than my gpa i think the rest of my application is super well rounded?

Reactions: 1 users
So go with what i got pretty much and pray for the best? I feel like i picked schools that i should have a chance at.. and other than my gpa i think the rest of my application is super well rounded?
Agreed also. Just keep working and apply as early as possible. Wishing you the best!

If you feel like your application is uber well rounded, your DAT will offset your GPA a tad bit.
I do know that most schools screen your application for academic values first because once you get an interview, a lot of them mention that "you have the grades to get in", now they are just trying to figure out your personality and see if you fit into their program.
None of the interviews I've been in asked about grades.

Reactions: 1 user