• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Chance for 2018 cycle? I need help.

IWannaBeADentist2

Jan 3, 2018
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hi, I have a 3.29oGPA and 3.29 BCP, and a 3.034 sGPA. Thats what it most likely is going to be because my semester isn't too bad.

With a 22 DAT, 180 hours shadowing/ Volunteering, and lots of leadership and strong letters of Rec.

Im applying early June, and I'm just nervous my GPA is too low.

Im applying to 19 schools, mostly private and very broadly but I'm scared my GPA is just gonna throw my application out... Should i post my school list?

I'd really appreciate any help!! Thank you!

Kingfish23

2+ Year Member
    Apr 9, 2017
      Hi, I have a 3.29oGPA and 3.29 BCP, and a 3.034 sGPA. Thats what it most likely is going to be because my semester isn't too bad.

With a 22 DAT, 180 hours shadowing/ Volunteering, and lots of leadership and strong letters of Rec.

Im applying early June, and I'm just nervous my GPA is too low.

Im applying to 19 schools, mostly private and very broadly but I'm scared my GPA is just gonna throw my application out... Should i post my school list?

I'd really appreciate any help!! Thank you!
      What are the rest of your DAT section scores? School list would help along with residency

IWannaBeADentist2

Jan 3, 2018
      1. Pre-Dental
        What are the rest of your DAT section scores? School list would help along with residency

Im an Ohio resident, and i had a 21 PAT and 21 TS as well

OSU, Case Western, Touro, Boston, LECOM, MidWestern Illinois, NYU, Tufts, UNE in Maine, University of Nevada Las Vegas, University of Kentucky, University of Louisville, Roseman University, Western University in Pomona, A.T Still in Arizona, UDM, Midwestern Arizona but its shady,NOVA, Indiana, USC

About the Ads

Tommyjj

2+ Year Member
        Oct 3, 2016
        1. Pre-Dental
          So go with what i got pretty much and pray for the best? I feel like i picked schools that i should have a chance at.. and other than my gpa i think the rest of my application is super well rounded?
          If you feel like your application is uber well rounded, your DAT will offset your GPA a tad bit.
          I do know that most schools screen your application for academic values first because once you get an interview, a lot of them mention that "you have the grades to get in", now they are just trying to figure out your personality and see if you fit into their program.
          None of the interviews I've been in asked about grades.

Reactions: 1 user
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.