Chance me at DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoneyMike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.84 cumulative, 3.86 science
MCAT: 24 (8,8,8)

Plenty of volunteer hours, clinical experience and osteopathic exposure.

What are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That GPA is pure gold, but the MCAT is on the lower end of the spectrum. Apply early and broadly for the best chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with everyone here. Apply early and broadly. Your MCAT is nicely balanced, but collectively is not all that impressive and is well below the ~27 average for matriculants. That said, people have gotten in with similar stats, so as long as you apply early (day 1) to as many places as you can, with a special focus on new/lower stat schools, you might be OK.

Your best bet would be sitting down and really focusing on studying for and retaking the MCAT. If you can bump up your score even 2-3 points, you can significantly improve your chances. Obviously only retake if you are ready and know you'll do better though.

What are my chances?

Please don't kill your years of hard work in undergrad with this mcat score. Invest few more months in mcat preparation. Since you have no severe deficincy in any particular subject, it seems to me that it would be relatively easy, with enough preparation, to raise your MCAT to 28+. This will open many doors that may be shut now because of your mcat score, both MD and DO.

With that said, you may still get some interview invitation with your current stats, but not from the more desirable schools.

I agree with Ibn Alnafis, I'd retake that score. If you can get only two more points out of your MCAT, you go from a question mark to being a easy choice by admissions

Reactions: 1 user

What are my chances?
Just a little bit more work on the MCAT and you'll be golden. great GPAs for DO and MD schools alike, so just work on the MCAT and raise it up at least 3-4 more points

I plan on applying to these schools:

MSUCOM (in-state)
MUCOM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU
PCOM (Philly)
LECOM (Erie)

What do you think?

I plan on applying to these schools:

MSUCOM (in-state)
MUCOM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU
PCOM (Philly)
LECOM (Erie)

What do you think?

If you can improve your MCAT, good list. If not, you need more safety schools and a total of at least 10-15 schools.

Reactions: 1 user

What are my chances?
@postbacpremed87 @verynice

paging the very successful high GPA/low mcat postbacpremed and verynice.

OP, I think you should get plenty of ii's, but you will have to be somewhat flexible on where you end up going. I think it is fairly possible you could get into one of your listed schools, but I would definitely add some backups.