chance me with this GPA?

Started by SadBlob
Tags Tags
pre-dental
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SadBlob

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently an upcoming junior. And my GPA is a 3.58, sGPA is a 3.15 I think. I had a C started in college in gen chem 1 because my HS didn't prepare me enough for the science courses here in college. But got a A in chem 2. But I think I am going to have Two B in organic chemistry. My science GPA isn’t impressive at all even though the B I am getting right now is a 87 88. I am just really nervous about applying to dental school in general. I plan to apply after senior year; therefore, I might can pull the GPA to a mid 3.6 and the sGPA to around 3.4.

My resume is competitive in my opinion. I showed it to the dean of admission from my state dental school. And he said it was good. I started doing clinical and laboratory dental research experience since freshman year, both with dental school faculty members. And I also started a project in my freshman year that focus on dental education for underserved kids in my area. I got plenty good leadership positions, VP is couple clubs, etc. My volunteer hours are in triple digits as well.

I am nervous about the whole dental school application process. I know my GPA is definitely not that good, but is dental school going to take in consideration of all the extra things that I got on my resume. Because I really tried and I know this is the field that I want to persuade. I really don’t want to give up at this point, but with this GPA do I still have a chance to dental school?

Thank you all so much for reading this longggggg thread!