Chance of getting into PA school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Love4medicine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im 25 and just received my Bachelor's degree in Biology. I graduated cum laude with a 3.46 gpa. Majority of my science classes i received A's and B's. However, the first 4 year college I attended, I was going through a lot of family and financial issue which caused my grades to drop. I have alot of C's, D's, and F's on that transcript. But once i transferred, I got A's in all those classes. Would that still hurt my chances of getting into PA school.

Also, I dont have any direct patient care experience. But I do work as a scribe have strong recommendation letters and research experience.

Any advice would help. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

3.46 is just about avg for pa school (last yr, avg all programs was 3.51). no hce is a big problem. many quality programs count scribe as shadowing only, which is basically what it is. research also is generally not considered HCE.
if you are serious about becoming a PA, get some real HCE for at least 1000 hrs, preferably 2000 hrs. good luck.