Chance to go to dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is it worth continuing?

• Total voters

dkekeke

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in the 3+3 dental program at pacific (stockton) and my Gen chem 1 (1st sem) &2 (2nd sem) grades are C+ And B- respectively.

I got a C+ in gen bio 1 (1st sem) and I think I'm going to get a B or B+ in my in bio 2 (2nd sem) class. My other non science classes are A's or A-'s.

(Edit: I got a B in bio)

My requirements to get a guaranteed interview for dugoni is a 3.15 gpa overall and 3.15 science gpa. Right now, I obviously don't meet the requirements, but do you think it is worth it to continue? With these general science grades, there might be no hope for the upperdivision courses I'm taking next year but I am willing to study harder and reach for above B+'s in those courses (ideally all A's). Is my plan too unreachable/unrealistic? I'm having doubts because my parents want to pull me out of university and make me go to a CC at this point, but I really want to continue this track.

D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
3.15 is between a B and a B+ average. I think it's doable. Your hard work in high school has put you in a very good position with the 3+3 program.
Clearly, you're learning how to study/adjusting since your grades have gone up in the second parts of both course sequences.
You've also got the determination "I am willing to study harder" and the will "I really want to continue this track."

I would say evaluate your study techniques and figure out what works for you...don't give up at this point. You'll be a dentist very soon :)

3.15 is between a B and a B+ average. I think it's doable. Your hard work in high school has put you in a very good position with the 3+3 program.
Clearly, you're learning how to study/adjusting since your grades have gone up in the second parts of both course sequences.
You've also got the determination "I am willing to study harder" and the will "I really want to continue this track."

I would say evaluate your study techniques and figure out what works for you...don't give up at this point. You'll be a dentist very soon :)

Thank you. Hopefully I'll do well on my DAT's as well to make up for those grades and keep a good mindset on things

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. Hopefully I'll do well on my DAT's as well to make up for those grades and keep a good mindset on things

Awesome- I wish you the best of luck! If you feel you want some more inspiration, check out this video:

Reactions: 1 users
dude youre lucky,my college had a program with nyu and the people who went to nyu had to keep a 3.5 and it was nyu, ur talking about uop which is like, well , a top school, and you only need a 3.15, sounds like a sweet program, i say reevaluate ur study habits and continue, if you still wanna be a dentist that is, which I'm guessing you do, best of luck, cheers :), try chads videos for college chem and physics, he's amazing for classes not just the DAT , like literally got an A- in orgo thanks to chad!

Thank you! Yes, I've been meaning to use chad's videos and i will start soon :)

Reactions: 1 user