Chances are ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isomerjohn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.35 Gpa undergrad
3.47 gpa grad

MCAT 24

Members don't see this ad.

You gotta ask!? :) Academically, you're golden. How's the rest of your application look?

Golden? Perhaps good, but not golden. If you get an interview, prepare prepare prepare!
I have seen people get in with less and people not get accepted with more solid numbers.

The advice I tell students, is to shoot for all 9's on the MCAT and a minimum science GPA of 3.5.
The more solid the resume, truly the more GOLDEN you are!
I say this not to create concern, but rather to create a true idea of what may be needed to "get in" with less worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok..so maybe "Golden" was too strong of a word. What I meant to say is that your GPA and MCAT are AVERAGE for some of the osteopathic schools, so no need to worry too much. I can think of a handful of schools with avg GPAs around 3.4 and MCATs near 24-25. Academically, you are not out of the question. I agree that you'd be better off with higher scores. Of course you COULD improve your record, but in my humble opinion I think you'll get interviews with what you've got. Once you get an interview, it's up to you for the most part whether you get in or not. This goes for some schools, not all schools. Honestly, I don't think you'll have a problem as long as you applied early, interviewed well, etc.

Hopefully you have good extracurriculars, medical experience, and know what Osteopathy is.

The numbers are OK. Probably enough to get you an interview, if you have the right letters of recommendation.

Good luck.