Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I was hoping for some advice on my chances of getting into a top post-bacc program.
My stats:
McGill University undergrad, economics & business. GPA 3.47.
SAT: 1450 (out of 1600)
GRE: 770 math, 550 verbal.
LSAT: 165
career/experience: I graduated 2 years ago and have been working at a hedge fund since then with some solid leadership experience. I have been volunteering at a local hospital but only for the past few months. Back in high school, I volunteered with the local ambulance corp for 3 years and also with a local nursing home.
reason/motivation for career switch: I was interested in medicine when I was younger. Had life-saving surgery when I was 14, which is why I did the ambulance corp in high school and had aspirations of being a doctor. When I got to college I was not sure what to do so decided to pursue economics. Recently, I have realized this is not for me, and I want to pursue med school.
Basically I'm wondering if there is any chance I would be admitted to these programs. If not, what might I do to increase my chances? I think my volunteer/medical experience is probably the weakest factor, though my GPA is not great either.
Thanks everyone!
I was hoping for some advice on my chances of getting into a top post-bacc program.
My stats:
McGill University undergrad, economics & business. GPA 3.47.
SAT: 1450 (out of 1600)
GRE: 770 math, 550 verbal.
LSAT: 165
career/experience: I graduated 2 years ago and have been working at a hedge fund since then with some solid leadership experience. I have been volunteering at a local hospital but only for the past few months. Back in high school, I volunteered with the local ambulance corp for 3 years and also with a local nursing home.
reason/motivation for career switch: I was interested in medicine when I was younger. Had life-saving surgery when I was 14, which is why I did the ambulance corp in high school and had aspirations of being a doctor. When I got to college I was not sure what to do so decided to pursue economics. Recently, I have realized this is not for me, and I want to pursue med school.
Basically I'm wondering if there is any chance I would be admitted to these programs. If not, what might I do to increase my chances? I think my volunteer/medical experience is probably the weakest factor, though my GPA is not great either.
Thanks everyone!