Chances at NYU dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm199723

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I graduated Rutgers with a pretty low undergrad gpa, around a 2.7 ogpa and sgpa. Im currently in a masters program at barry university and finished my first semester with a 4.0 and my second with a 3.2, my ogpa and sgpa in this program is a 3.5. I took the dat twice before and got a 19 both times. I am planning on taking it again and am confident I can do better. Do you guys think I have a chance at NYU dental school with these stats. Or any other dental schools in New Jersey/New York?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely have a chance, though IMO not a high one. Some issues the adcom may see is the large drop in GPA between your first and second semester, and the lack of improvement from the first DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't go to NYU. You'll be loads in debt up to your eyeballs and it will take a decade plus to pay off. Realistically speaking if you could get into NYU then you'd be able to get into somewhere cheaper just be willing to relocate to other states. Your wallet will thank you later!

I thought Barrys MBS requires a 3.0 undergrad GPA to get in according to their website. Did they make an exception for you?