Chances??/Caribbean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jz.rizvi03

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I didn’t exactly have the best years in undergrad and I’m about to graduate with a 2.81 GPA
EC’s are great with internships with surgeons at MD Anderson and all of that
Worked in ER for the past 3 years at a level 1 trauma hospital, etc etc
LOR are solid as well
Haven’t taken the MCAT yet but studying hard for it!

What are my chances at Ross and SGU?

(Please don’t tell me why I shouldn’t go etc etc because i want to go in the next cycle ASAP preferably Sept 2018)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how true this is but apparently if you have money to pay they will accept you. Just be prepared to work your butt off if you wanna come back and practice in the U.S....

Nothing about what you’ve shared indicates you will excel in the carribean and be one of the fraction that makes it back to the states for a residency

My advice is don’t go

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They'll take anyone with a pulse who qualifies for loans. See my response to your other post for my other thoughts though.

Why do you need to go ASAP? Medical school isn't going anywhere, wait until you're prepared.

Reactions: 1 user
Post your MCAT score here when available. In the meantime take more undergraduate science and non science courses to raise your cGPA and sGPA to 3.0.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an interview at SGU with a 494 MCAT and 3.4 gpa...