Chances Chances Chances (D.O.)!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MightBeACylon439

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I'd throw this out there for the what are my chances thread. I am applying to DO schools this cycle and will be completing secondaries next week (actually getting LOR's from those who said they'd write them is proving to be a pain).

sGPA: 3.18; cGPA:3.38 (graduated 2006, yikes!); MCAT: 30 (10,10,10)

Upward trend on the GPA, finishing up two classes this semester that I will get A's in.
Also have an associates degree in biomedical sciences technology...though don't know if that will help at all.

Work experience: work as a field service engineer on CT's and cath labs for the last 3 years, general biomedical equipment two years before that.

6.5 and counting years military experience in Air Force National Guard with a medical squadron.
-multiple training certs, air force achievement medal, air force commendation medal, tech school distinguished honor grad, basic training honor grad and more letters of appreciation and little awards here and there.

100+ hours shadowing- The + is because I have been able to work with a lot of docs in my military time, as well as watching heart cath, vascular cath and EP procedures as part of my job that is hard to put a concrete hour number on.

1000+ hours other volunteering

College swimming and water polo- was captain of both teams my senior year.

2 ok academic letters (1 advisor, 1 professor), I say ok just because they haven't known me very long. 3 great physician letters (one D.O. non-military, two M.D. military).

Applied to: SOMA, KCOM, AZCOM,CUSOM,CCOM, DMUCOM, both edward via, both PCOM, KCUMB, both LECOM, LUCOM, MUCOM, NOVA, PNWU, RVCOM, Touro CA and NV, western university both pomona and Lebanon.

Let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't it really late in the cycle? Why not wait until next cycle to avoid the stigma of reapplication?

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a very competitive application for DO schools. Science GPA is a tad low, but your MCAT is great. ECs are strong as well.

However, if you haven't submitted secondaries yet, then you are definitely late, even for DO schools.

Finish those secondaries ASAP without sacrificing quality and hope for the best.

Thanks for all the help guys, but as I mentioned I've already gotten some secondaries in, if I had known about the cycle stuff before I started (no ones fault but my own) I would have waited. But, as it is, it's like Russia going to war, so I'll just have to hope something good happens.