Chances for a Texas school/MCAT advice

Started by txgirl96
Tags Tags
mcat texas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

txgirl96

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I am currently a senior in college with a degree in biology and a minor in health communication and business. My gpa is a 3.845 and my science gpa is around a 3.74. For extracurriculars, I currently volunteer at a hospital in downtown Houston and have been volunteering once a week for the past two semesters. I am a resident advisor at my college in my third year, and I am also an officer for a pre-medical student organization. I am beginning to shadow a local doctor at the start of this semester, and I am taking my MCAT in March. What score would make my application competitive for a school in Texas? Or do I have any chance at all? I need some advice on what I can do to improve my application, because I just feel very overwhelmed with studying right now and applications on top of this. Thanks yall!