Chances for KU medical school Wichita branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayhawker1193

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am only a sophomore, but have taken most of my pre-reqs. I was thinking I was only going to apply to DO schools, because of my grades. I should have around a 3.5cGPA and a 3.52 sGPA. Lets say I get a 30 or so on the MCAT, should I even bother applying to KU med school-Wichita Branch. The reason I want to see for this branch is just because I already go to Wichita State University, and it would be amazing if I could get in here. Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Definitely. First of all aim high on your mcat. 30 or above you should be fine, but come on have some goals! Wanting to go to the Wichita campus will help your chances, especially if you skew your app towards rural/primary care medicine. Make sure to do some ECs that differentiate you. The majority of applicants at KU are 22 year old male bio majors that all seem the same. Explore underserved volunteer opportunities, shadow, etc.

I think if you keep up your gpa (improvement would be even better) and have a solid mcat you will have no problem getting into KU Med.

PM me if you have any questions.