Sep 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
This is my first time applying to med schools and I realize that I am a bit behind. I am currently waiting for my applications to DO (~20) schools to be verified by AACOMAS and then I will need to submit secondaries (if necessary). My stats are: cGPA - 3.7/sGPA - 3.7, MCAT - 28 (8/11/9). I have ~50 hours of shadowing MD and DO with LORs from a DO and two neuroscience professors, 8 months research experience at neuroscience lab (no letter), 6 months medical scribing (no letter), and some medical volunteering in Mexico and a free clinic in my community. I saw on other threads that many people have already interviewed and that chances are limited after August applications. Should I bother to send in all my secondaries at this point or just wait until the next cycle? Please let me know what you guys think!

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
The DO cycle is longer and you're in great shape.

Reactions: letsdothis15

GrapesofRath

2+ Year Member
May 5, 2015
Status
Non-Student
Wait till next cycle if you want to pursue an MD(you might have a chance at your state U's and some lower tiers). A re-take would help in that case.

For DO's you are completely fine, just get the apps in ASAP.

Reactions: letsdothis15
OP
L
Sep 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
My AMCAS gpa is closer to a 3.5 which is one of the reasons I decided to take the DO route. Based on past years admissions, at what point of the year do most of the interviews/admissions end?