MD Chances for next cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

myPrecious!!!

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to know what my chances are for the next cycle. This is going to be my reapp and I am trying to see if there was anything I missed from ECs/Stats. I got secondaries from almost every school I applied to but no II at all (I only applied to MD by the way). In terms of number of hours, I included expected hours in my application for the past cycles but the numbers below are as of now.
  • cGPA: 3.77 sGPA: 3.77
  • MCAT: 514 (129/126/130/129)
  • State of residence: California
  • ORM from top 20 undergrad
  • Clinical Experience: Shadowing: ~300 hours (Primary care and Pulmonology). Scribe at an outpatient clinic: ~ 1500 hours and will be continuing this.
  • Research experience: I think this is my weakest part of the app. I have 1 semester (~100 hours) of research with no authorship or presentation. I am working on a couple of projects now, but not sure if I can list them and how long they would take before I have publication worthy material.
  • Clinical volunteering: Volunteer at a local hospice ~ 200 hours, am continuing this at this time.
  • Non-clinical volunteering: After school tutor at a local community school ~150 hours.
  • Other activities: I worked in technology (design and coding) for ~1500 hours while in college.
  • Relevant honors or awards: Does Dean's list and need+merit based scholarship count?
  • Anything else not listed above: I am an immigrant who came to the US just before high school and this had a great impact on my life.
I really think that it might have been my writing and I am starting to write from scratch now. Please be very critical and let me know if anything raises a red flag.

I also would like to thank everyone here that helped me this past cycle.