chances @ msucom

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by mcprotein, Feb 21, 2001.

1. mcprotein

mcprotein Junior Member

Just wondering what my chances are @ msucom. I have an interview 3/20/01. gpa 3.55 science gpa 3.7 mcat[not great [​IMG]] 10,8,7. Paramedic for 8 years, udegraduate research,volunteer medic for 5 years, currently an er tech @ st mary's hospital grand rapids. An alumnus wrote me a letter-o-recommendation. This is the longest month of my life!!!!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kyoung

kyoung Member

mcprotein-
    i think you have a fairly good shot. you have excellent experience, and pretty good stats. i had similar stats, interviewed this past january and have been accepted. to get prepared for the interview check out: www.interviewfeedback.com
    it gives you other people's experience interviewing at various schools, and what to expect. i also read The D.O.'s by Norman Gevitz. the interviewers will ask you your thoughts of osteopathic medicine. they want you to know the philosophy well.
    as a michigan resident that also gives you an added bonus. good luck, and i hope to see you in august!

4. jimmybee

jimmybee Internal Medicine Hospitalist, formerly med/peds

Attending Physician
    As an applicant who was accepted in December, I would like to tell you that you are in.

Just don't screw up the interview and read my feedback that is on interviewfeedback.com. Date listed Dec 7th.

Congrats

5. docflanny

docflanny Senior Member

mcprotein,

Hey I'm wondering if I might know you. I worked at St. Mary's as an ER tech until last July. I'm currently at MSUCOM. Just curious. I'm sure that you have a great chance of being accepted to MSUCOM considering your background and good scores.

Say hello to Dr. Perry, D.O. for me. He helped me get accepted here.

------------------
    Matt Flannigan
    MSUCOM Class of 2004

6. RDJ

RDJ

mcprotein:

Coming from a fellow EMT-P, I think your chances are solid. Your numbers are fine and you have excellent experiences. After your interview, let us know how everything went by posting on the MSUCOM-2005 thread. I am confident it will be good news.

Good Luck,
    Dale