Chances of acceptance if you took the DAT at the end of August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentistboii

Reaction score
Hi guys. I wanted to post on here to ask if anybody had been accepted to dental school having taken the DAT in late August? I submitted my application prior to taking my DAT, but I took the exam on August 30th and I am worried that that is too late to be accepted anywhere. My stats are: GPA--3.78 sGPA: 3.75 DAT: 20AA, 20 PAT. I know these stats are not that good so that is why I'm worried that I won't have a chance on acceptance anywhere. Any advice, info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys. I wanted to post on here to ask if anybody had been accepted to dental school having taken the DAT in late August? I submitted my application prior to taking my DAT, but I took the exam on August 30th and I am worried that that is too late to be accepted anywhere. My stats are: GPA--3.78 sGPA: 3.75 DAT: 20AA, 20 PAT. I know these stats are not that good so that is why I'm worried that I won't have a chance on acceptance anywhere. Any advice, info would be greatly appreciated!!!

not true

Reactions: 1 users
I took mine in early september and gained acceptance to 5 schools

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
GPA 3.7, AA 23, PAT 23. I will say that bc I was later, 3 of the interviews I were offered were after Dec 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
You will be just fine. I retook my DAT in October and still got in pre-December.

Make sure all parts of your application is in by now.

Also, a 3.7 ish GPA with a 20 DAT is not bad. You will be just fine.

Reactions: 1 user
You will be just fine. I retook my DAT in October and still got in pre-December.

Make sure all parts of your application is in by now.

Also, a 3.7 ish GPA with a 20 DAT is not bad. You will be just fine.

Did you take it early October or late? Taking post-bacc courses at the moment while studying for my re-take (17AA). Being in school made it hard to fully focus on the DAT so had to push my date from September. I'm a Texas resident and my apps were turned in July and August for OOS.