This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Persevering*

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello there, I just started my third year of dental school. I finally worked the courage to ask for my rank and it turns out that I am ~13/60. I have a couple publications under my belt and have been a part of 3 research studies. I also have 1 club experience, and I am currently trying to get connected with some faculty for more experience in research. I’m quite worried about my rank and the factor it’ll play when I apply for ortho. What are my chances of getting a match? I’d love to hear about anyone’s experience with applying for ortho programs and success stories. Thank you in advance.