Chances of getting 2 seats? ;-o

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vicsin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So, I am a twin and my sister and I are applying together and we want to go to school together. We have very similar applications and nearly identical stats. The only significant difference between us on paper is our personal statements (we have surprisingly different reasons for pursuing dentistry). Is being a twin a disadvantage? (i.e. they would rather take two unique applicants than twins)....could it be used as an advantage in any way? (some people think twins are fascinating?). We are fraternal btw...
Here are our stats:
Me:
sGPA: 3.87
oGPA: 3.85
(about the same without +/-)
Bio: 18 GC: 21 OC: 20 PAT: 18 RC: 21 QR: 19 TS: 20 AA: 20
My twin:
sGPA: 3.84
oGPA: 3.86
(3.9's without +/-)
Bio: 20 GC: 22 OC: 19 PAT: 18 RC: 18 QR: 19 TS: 20 AA: 20
We both have similar EC's...some different. (Most are in my predents profile).
Anyway, just wondering what you guys think...any way to improve chances of getting in together?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
So, I am a twin and my sister and I are applying together and we want to go to school together. We have very similar applications and nearly identical stats. The only significant difference between us on paper is our personal statements (we have surprisingly different reasons for pursuing dentistry). Is being a twin a disadvantage? (i.e. they would rather take two unique applicants than twins)....could it be used as an advantage in any way? (some people think twins are fascinating?). We are fraternal btw...
Here are our stats:
Me:
My twin:
(3.9's without +/-)
Anyway, just wondering what you guys think...any way to improve chances of getting in together?

Maybe this is none of my business, but wouldn't you want to try experiencing life apart from your twin?

don't worry, I once read a story about twin brothers who pursued dentistry. They ended up at the same school and now run a successful practice together. They must have been inseparable!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe this is none of my business, but wouldn't you want to try experiencing life apart from your twin?

Some can't stand each other while others can't stand to be away from each other... it pretty much depends on the individual ;)

But my god... the scores and everything are all pretty similar... this calls for a case study!

Well we are pretty separate from each other in our social lives but in college we started sharing textbooks and studied for everything together and now I can't imagine studying without her. We work really well together and we are obviously going to be separate in other aspects of our lives in the future but we want to stay in each others' lives by having a practice together and always working together. It is awesome to have such a close sibling cause you never have to struggle alone. :D

I think it's huge advantage going to school together. You'll have a study partner that you can rely on and have the other twin take notes while the other naps.

I think it's huge advantage going to school together. You'll have a study partner that you can rely on and have the other twin take notes while the other naps.
exactly :thumbup: :p

Being a twin is an advantage. Like married/engaged couples who apply together, schools kind of see you as a package deal. So if they like one person, they be more inclined to take the other, as well, in fear of you going somewhere else if your other half doesn't get in.

I wish I had a sibling/twin to apply with. I'm considering proposing to this girl with killer stats so I can piggyback an acceptance to her schools.

So that's how you've kept your gpa up so high... lol jk.
But wow, that really is something that your stats are so similar! Very interesting and cool.

I don't really think anyone can give you a solid answer, but good luck, you two look in great shape already.

we have twins in my class. i haven't talked to them a ton yet, but it sounds like they were able to interview together, and get into a few of the same schools.

For what its worth there were twins at my Tufts interview. Therefore, it does happen. I have no idea if they both got in though.

Hey guys,
Here are our stats:
Me:
My twin:
(3.9's without +/-)

I think you would be a pretty unique school if you have 2 of the same people...

hope you guys are right. gonna keep my hopes high. :D

hope you guys are right. gonna keep my hopes high. :D

I do know that they do look at married couples favorably, so I would like to think they would look at it as a favorable thing - especially since I have twins myself. Like a married couple, the bond between twins is a special thing that can be a huge benefit during d-school. Plus, if you are at a school that doesn't take attendance, one twin can take notes while the other skips (or sleeps) and does lab work. Then take turns.

haha. this is a good QR question!!

You are both solid applicants. Explain to the schools that it is important you attend the same school. I'm sure you 2 will have the opportunity

It looks like you both are very strong applicants. It's hard to believe that a school would pick one of you, but not the other. I wouldn't be surprised if both of you ended up in the same school.

Good luck!

This sounds like some cutesy stuff like those two hot twins singing on The Voice. I hope you both get in somewhere. I am sure schools might take you as a package deal.

Hey guys,
Here are our stats:
Me:
My twin:
(3.9's without +/-)

This is just my guess...

The advantage / disadvantage is you 2 are VERY unique. So unique that whichever school decides to accept one of you, its going to have (IMO) no choice but to accept the other cause they figure you wanna stay together (better moral support, etc).

The down side is, once they decide to reject one of you, it could very well be both of you cause they figure you'd wanna stay together.