futuredds__

Jul 10, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello,

I am applying this cycle, and I was wondering if I have chances at these schools.

DAT
PAT : 25
QR : 21
RC : 21
BIO : 19
GEN CHEM : 22
O CHEM : 24
TS : 21
AA : 21

Total GPA : 3.96
Science GPA : 3.93

Volunteer hours 103 hrs, shadowing 100 hrs, strong LOR, no research experience, EC playing in school orchestra for 3 years

I am aiming for these schools :

UCSF
Univ of Colorado
Western University
Univ of Penn
Boston Univ
UCLA
UNLV
Rutgers
USC
NYU
Tufts
UOP

Thanks a lot!

golfdmd

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
yes but take NYU off your list

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

P7898

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2017
Congrats. Good stats. You will get in wherever. Just apply to your state school or a school that you can become a resident in within 1-2 years.

Reactions: 1 users

futuredds__

Jul 10, 2019
Status (Visible)
Congrats. Good stats. You will get in wherever. Just apply to your state school or a school that you can become a resident in within 1-2 years.
I am Hawaii resident and there is no dental school here. Do you think I'll still have chances at UCSF or UCLA? Bc I heard they strongly favor IS applicants

futuredds__

Jul 10, 2019
Status (Visible)
With your stats you can get into much better, cheaper schools. These are notoriously two of the most expensive ones out there
schools like where? Like I said I am a Hawaii resident, and there is no dental school here. Do you think I'll have chances at USCF or UCLA without research experience?

golfdmd

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
schools like where? Like I said I am a Hawaii resident, and there is no dental school here. Do you think I'll have chances at USCF or UCLA without research experience?
Honestly most other schools. I don’t know much about west coast schools, but I know plenty of people who were accepted without research experience. Michigan, Pitt, Temple, Maryland, and VCU are all schools to look at as an out of state applicant that aren’t crazy expensive

Reactions: 1 users

batman12345

5+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hello,

I am applying this cycle, and I was wondering if I have chances at these schools.

DAT
PAT : 25
QR : 21
RC : 21
BIO : 19
GEN CHEM : 22
O CHEM : 24
TS : 21
AA : 21

Total GPA : 3.96
Science GPA : 3.93

Volunteer hours 103 hrs, shadowing 100 hrs, strong LOR, no research experience, EC playing in school orchestra for 3 years

I am aiming for these schools :

UCSF
Univ of Colorado
Western University
Univ of Penn
Boston Univ
UCLA
UNLV
Rutgers
USC
NYU
Tufts
UOP

Thanks a lot!
If you’re taking out full student loans to pay for dental school, I would not apply to super expensive programs. NYU will leave you over 700k in student loan debt. USC will probably leave you over 500k. Tufts and UOP probably aren’t far behind. Boston might be high too. You’d have to see if any of these schools offer scholarships to even warrant applying.

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
UCSF is more OOS friendly now, about 25-30% OOS this past cycle. A good # of people got in w/o research experience, so research is not required!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.