Chances of getting in 7/8 year dental programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rheak123

Reaction score
Hi all I recently applied to many accelerated/dual admission dental programs and wanted to know what my chances are of getting into any.

Programs:
Lehigh/Upenn
Muhlenberg/Upenn
Villanova/Upenn
Marquette/Marqutte
Nova Southeastern/NSU
NJIT/Rutgers
Detroity Mercy/ UDM
Ramapo/LECOM

My SAT score is 1330 out of 1600 and I have a 3.7 weighted GPA.
I have logged over 200 hours in the field. I have done various programs involving dentistry throughout high school. I took a total of 7 AP classes. I am a member of the American Student Dental Association and have done various art classes to prove my hand technique abilities.

How well do you think my chances are? I have already been accepted into most of these schools' undergraduate universities but I am still waiting to hear back about interviews for dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

Most people here apply after undergrad so we have limited info on the accelerated programs but I'll chime in.

The accelerated programs are generally much more competitive compared to the regular undergrad, even if they are at the same school. Your stats are good but it will definitely be tougher to get into the accelerated programs. I've seen people with higher stats get rejected.

But good luck, and don't despair if you don't get in. You can always apply again after undergrad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Enjoy college. These accelerated programs are pressure cookers( I did one years ago). Having a choice of schools will be an advantage when it comes time to go to D school.

Reactions: 2 users
Enjoy college. These accelerated programs are pressure cookers( I did one years ago). Having a choice of schools will be an advantage when it comes time to go to D school.
Looking for someone who can help me in taking mock interviews???

Hi all I recently applied to many accelerated/dual admission dental programs and wanted to know what my chances are of getting into any.

Programs:
Lehigh/Upenn
Muhlenberg/Upenn
Villanova/Upenn
Marquette/Marqutte
Nova Southeastern/NSU
NJIT/Rutgers
Detroity Mercy/ UDM
Ramapo/LECOM

My SAT score is 1330 out of 1600 and I have a 3.7 weighted GPA.
I have logged over 200 hours in the field. I have done various programs involving dentistry throughout high school. I took a total of 7 AP classes. I am a member of the American Student Dental Association and have done various art classes to prove my hand technique abilities.

How well do you think my chances are? I have already been accepted into most of these schools' undergraduate universities but I am still waiting to hear back about interviews for dental school.
Hi, I'm planning on applying to 7-year dental programs and I came across this post. I was wondering if you had an update on where you got into?

Thank You!

Reactions: 1 user