Chances of getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brandonbraud

Streaking thru the quad!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have gotten 4 interviews. One in state, 2 private, and one out of state as a non-resident applying for a state school, but I live in the state next door and used to live in that state for 8 years. 3 of my interviews were before november 14th. Has anyone heard of somebody getting that many bites and not snagging at least one? I am average statistically, 3.4 science, 3.4 overall, 18 and 19 DAT with a 22 reading comp for good measure.

Members don't see this ad.

i'd say you have a real good chance. i'm hoping i have a good chance too after 4 interviews. but i don't have a state school either. as far as # of interviews, i guess nothing's certain. i have a buddy that got 6 interviews last year & didn't get in.

i'd say you have a real good chance. i'm hoping i have a good chance too after 4 interviews. but i don't have a state school either. as far as # of interviews, i guess nothing's certain. i have a buddy that got 6 interviews last year & didn't get in.

That is a lot of interviews with no acceptances, could you share with us what his stats are?

That is a lot of interviews with no acceptances, could you share with us what his stats are?
20 on the DAT and a decent gpa. i think he may not have interviewed real well. that's the only thing i can think of, since he's a bright kid & easy to get along with. he's also having 2nd thoughts on whether dentistry is what he wants to do with his life. that must show thru in his interviews.