Chances of Getting into Medschool?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImhotepIII

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm sure many people have posted such a neurotic question, but I would like to genially get some feed back from you guys. I'm a 25 year old African American male finishing my BA in biology at a CSU. Some of my EC's are Cofounder of a minority science group at my local college, conducting research in Organic chem synthesis (making analongs for a medicinal therapeutic), over 600hrs of volunteering in the ED as a clinical assistant, as well as doing a clinical research project (100hrs+) under a ER physician. Held numerous blood drives, and coordinated various health fairs as well as teaching science to elementary school kids for a semester. On top of this I work 30 hours a week.

I just really want to become well rounded and a well seasoned applicant. I plan on taking my MCAT in Jan, the old one. So in a perfect world, I'd be applying 2015 june cycle.

Bio 1 = A
Bio2 = B+

Chem 1 = B+
Chem2 = B

Ochem1 = B+
Lab = A-
Ochem 2= A-
Lab= A
Biochem1= B

Pysics1 = A
lab = B
Physics2=B+
lab =B

Stats = C

Appreciate the future constructive criticism.

Members don't see this ad.

you'll get more feedback if you post the relevant stats instead of a list of class grades.....

cumulative gpa:
math/science gpa:
mcat score (or one of your assessment scores if you have it):

Looks like your ECs are great and it's all going to come down to your GPA and MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
So far so good. Maintaint he B+ avg and you'll be fine.

Hey guys,
I'm sure many people have posted such a neurotic question, but I would like to genially get some feed back from you guys. I'm a 25 year old African American male finishing my BA in biology at a CSU. Some of my EC's are Cofounder of a minority science group at my local college, conducting research in Organic chem synthesis (making analongs for a medicinal therapeutic), over 600hrs of volunteering in the ED as a clinical assistant, as well as doing a clinical research project (100hrs+) under a ER physician. Held numerous blood drives, and coordinated various health fairs as well as teaching science to elementary school kids for a semester. On top of this I work 30 hours a week.

I just really want to become well rounded and a well seasoned applicant. I plan on taking my MCAT in Jan, the old one. So in a perfect world, I'd be applying 2015 june cycle.

Bio 1 = A
Bio2 = B+

Chem 1 = B+
Chem2 = B

Ochem1 = B+
Lab = A-
Ochem 2= A-
Lab= A
Biochem1= B

Pysics1 = A
lab = B
Physics2=B+
lab =B

Stats = C

Appreciate the future constructive criticism.

You look awesome!!! Figure out what size your white coat will be!! Whatever you do, DO, MD, you'll be there.

Make sense, my cGPA ~3.4 & sGPA ~ 3.5. It may fluctuate a bit after this semester. As far as my MCAT goes, I just recently started reviewing, my date isn't until Jan. I'm projecting to score a minmum of 30 on the mcat by simply not taking the actual test until I'm regularly getting above a 30 on the AAMC mocks.

In the mean time, I'm planning on doing more research in hopes of getting published. My goal is to go to UCSF afterward.

if you legitimately end up with a 30+ and a 3.4+......get used to the sound of dr. imhoteplll

keep the grades up, don't get any institutional actions (you'll see a thread on here once a week about people drinking on dry campus or smoking pot), and you'll be good

Reactions: 1 user