chances of getting into NYITCOM with following stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BruceyWayney96

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i wanted to bounce off my statistics with you all and see what you think about my chances of getting into NYITCOM are.

im looking to apply to the 2019 application cycle
My GPA=3.87 (will graduate with honors)
i have not taken the mcat yet but my last practice exam i scored a 499
i am a new york state resident
my ethnicity falls under Asian

my resume includes:
-medical scribe at a nursing home
-volunteering for 200+ hours at local hospitals telemetry unit as well as working with the orthopedics -department to give seminars on joint replacement
-undergraduate honors research
-Teaching Assistant for 2 semesters
-Vice president of on campus club
-mentoring experience
-working as an administrative assistant for an electrical maintenance company

i plan on taking the mcat in april and am afraid that i will not be able to score at least a 505. i was told most people who apply to nyitcom and are accepted have a score around 505.

what do you guys think about my chances of acceptance in the chance i score about 500 and apply with everything that is listed above

Members don't see this ad.

Higher chances than most considering you're a NY resident (they have heavy regional bias), but to be safer you definitely need to try and bump that score up over 500. I would say. 505+ and you should be good.

GPA is way above average so that will give you some slack with the MCAT.

Higher chances than most considering you're a NY resident (they have heavy regional bias), but to be safer you definitely need to try and bump that score up over 500. I would say. 505+ and you should be good.

GPA is way above average so that will give you some slack with the MCAT.
thank you for your response

Members don't see this ad :)
NYITCOM isn't a brand-new school, so I'd echo the above. You need to kill the MCAT. They accepted me and I didn't do *awesome,* but I think even at D.O. schools it's going to get rarer and rarer to get in with a sub 500 MCAT (a quick google search tells me they have a roughly 504 average, so I'm sure some sub 500's make it in still).

NYITCOM isn't a brand-new school, so I'd echo the above. You need to kill the MCAT. They accepted me and I didn't do *awesome,* but I think even at D.O. schools it's going to get rarer and rarer to get in with a sub 500 MCAT (a quick google search tells me they have a roughly 504 average, so I'm sure some sub 500's make it in still).
thank you for your response!