Chances of getting into optometry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optguy31

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y’all, I was just wondering my chances of getting into NOVA, NECO, or Northeastern (Oklahoma) with my current stats. I have a 3.24 cumulative GPA (if I calculated it correctly) and I’m taking the OAT in a couple weeks. Say I score a 320 on the OAT, would that be enough to get me interviews at these school? I also have good extracurriculars, leadership positions, community service, and have done a decent amount of shadowing.

Members don't see this ad.

Again, there are a million posts like yours with stats similar to yours. Skim through those and guaranteed your answer will be in there. Also hypothetical situations don't really do well, it's best you take your OAT and post your results with your GPA for the best assessment. Good luck.

If you reach your goal OAT score, I’d say you got a pretty good chance. Good luck and best wishes!

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on my experience, if you are guy with a decent GPA and OAT score, you have a higher chance of getting into an optometry school than a woman with the same GPA and OAT.