Chances of Pharmacy admissions? No retail pharmacy experience

Started by HPAbby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HPAbby

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My math and science GPA is 2.68 and my overall is 2.9. My GPA is mostly due to a lack of maturity while I was in college but there is an upward grade trend.

My PCAT percentile scores:
Biological Processes: 85
Critical Reading: 72
Quantitative Reasoning: 85
Chemical Processes: 76
Composite: 83

I don't have any retail pharmacy experience but I do have experience working for a medical writer, which is a career I want to pursue with a pharmd degree.

I plan on applying to Texas Tech, UT Tyler, UNT, University of New England,and Regis University
 
You still have a good chance for admission, especially if you can explain your situation well in the personal statement. I would obtain pharmacy experience mainly for yourself just to see if this career choice is worth it though. Plus it looks impressive on apps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A PharmD would be a complete waste of $200k+ and 4 years of your life if you want to be a medial writer. You can group "medical writer" with the <0.5% of all jobs that are available to pharmacists.

upload_2017-1-31_18-33-45-png.214145
 
My math and science GPA is 2.68 and my overall is 2.9. My GPA is mostly due to a lack of maturity while I was in college but there is an upward grade trend.

My PCAT percentile scores:
Biological Processes: 85
Critical Reading: 72
Quantitative Reasoning: 85
Chemical Processes: 76
Composite: 83

I don't have any retail pharmacy experience but I do have experience working for a medical writer, which is a career I want to pursue with a pharmd degree.

I plan on applying to Texas Tech, UT Tyler, UNT, University of New England,and Regis University
My math and science GPA is 2.68 and my overall is 2.9. My GPA is mostly due to a lack of maturity while I was in college but there is an upward grade trend.

My PCAT percentile scores:
Biological Processes: 85
Critical Reading: 72
Quantitative Reasoning: 85
Chemical Processes: 76
Composite: 83

I don't have any retail pharmacy experience but I do have experience working for a medical writer, which is a career I want to pursue with a pharmd degree.

I plan on applying to Texas Tech, UT Tyler, UNT, University of New England,and Regis University

No. Your chances are terrible. You must straighten up and get experience working in the pharmacy setting but more importantly protect your gpa. GPA should be a reflection of not only how you absorb and apply material, but how you learn under pressure when life hits you. I’m glad your maturing, but I don’t think you understand how this reflects the profession should you still get accepted with those stats. Should you get a spot think hard why you got it.

On a final note, you don’t understand what your asking when you claim medical writing with a pharmD. Please research again but this time more diligently.