Chances?? Please help

dentguru52

Membership Revoked
Removed
Aug 20, 2019
    Hi guys I have a 3.2 cgpa and a 2.6 sgpa. I really want to apply this cycle. I will be taking the DAT in September. I’m really stressed right now and I don’t know what to do. I really need advice. What schools should I apply to if I have a chance? Please help

Last edited:

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
    Administrator
    Volunteer Staff
    2+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    Dec 25, 2016
    1. Dental Student
      Do you think I have a chance?
      Not currently, no. Your sGPA is far too low and shows schools that you won't be able to handle a rigorous science curriculum. A DAT in September is insanely late as tons of interviews have already gone out, and schools wouldn't receive your scores until October probably. I don't think it'd be wise of you at all to apply this cycle. You will likely need to do a Masters to show you can handle dental school, and score well on your DAT. Until you have a better GPA to apply with and competitive DAT scores in hand, I wouldn't apply.

D

deleted945327

Hi guys I have a 3.2 cgpa and a 2.6 sgpa. I really want to apply this cycle. I will be taking the DAT in September. I’m really stressed right now and I don’t know what to do. I really need advice. What schools should I apply to if I have a chance? Please help

Take it one step at a time and focus on the DAT. Personally if I was in your position, I would focus on accomplishing a good score on the DAT and receiving a masters degree. You shouldn’t waste your money and apply this year.

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.