Chances? Thoughts? Any help and criticism welcome!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

friendsforlyfe

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Major: Biochemistry

Texas Resident (Primarily interested in UTSW and Baylor).

cGPA: 3.91
sGPA: 3.84
TMDSAS sGPA: 4.00
MCAT: 514

Volunteering: Work in local free clinic (150 hrs). Work in local hospital (250hrs). Tutoring local disadvantaged kids (250 hrs). Volunteered abroad every semester for 3 years (6 weeks total). (would this count as shadowing too since I did a little when I was abroad, or is this just more volunteering?)

Research: 1 publication in low impact journal. 1 abstract and 1 poster poster presentation at college research forum. Worked in 2 labs (4000+ hrs).

Extracurriculars: TA job in biology (3 years). TA in research methods (2 years). (Do these two go in leadership or in extracurricular?) Ran in a couple marathons for fun (is this relevant?).

Shadowing: 100 hrs in neurosurgery, pediatrics, and orthopedics

Decent LOCs although not sure which I should choose for my 4 (Lots of Texas schools only take 4 max). Any tips?
 
Chances great. Baylor may be the toughest nut to crack.


Major: Biochemistry

Texas Resident (Primarily interested in UTSW and Baylor).

cGPA: 3.91
sGPA: 3.84
TMDSAS sGPA: 4.00
MCAT: 514

Volunteering: Work in local free clinic (150 hrs). Work in local hospital (250hrs). Tutoring local disadvantaged kids (250 hrs). Volunteered abroad every semester for 3 years (6 weeks total). (would this count as shadowing too since I did a little when I was abroad, or is this just more volunteering?)

Research: 1 publication in low impact journal. 1 abstract and 1 poster poster presentation at college research forum. Worked in 2 labs (4000+ hrs).

Extracurriculars: TA job in biology (3 years). TA in research methods (2 years). (Do these two go in leadership or in extracurricular?) Ran in a couple marathons for fun (is this relevant?).

Shadowing: 100 hrs in neurosurgery, pediatrics, and orthopedics

Decent LOCs although not sure which I should choose for my 4 (Lots of Texas schools only take 4 max). Any tips?