Change in AMCAS work and activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellelle71

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS primary in early June and am awaiting verification. I listed a job that I have been doing for a couple of years and planned to continue through my gap year (2019-2020). However, I have unexpectedly been offered another opportunity that I would absolutely love to accept, but it would require me to quit my current job and therefore make the end date that I listed in the work and activities section false. My priority is obviously to avoid any type of falsification. So at this point, do I just need to stick with what I have on my application or is there a way that I could change my application?

Members don't see this ad.

You can’t change your application, but some secondary applications will ask for an update of your activities.

You will not be punished for your change of plans.

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my AMCAS primary in early June and am awaiting verification. I listed a job that I have been doing for a couple of years and planned to continue through my gap year (2019-2020). However, I have unexpectedly been offered another opportunity that I would absolutely love to accept, but it would require me to quit my current job and therefore make the end date that I listed in the work and activities section false. My priority is obviously to avoid any type of falsification. So at this point, do I just need to stick with what I have on my application or is there a way that I could change my application?
It is understood that plans change. As you've already held your job for several years, your application won't be disadvantaged if you move on. Applicable Secondary essays, update letters where allowed, and interview conversations are your only recourse to communicating a job switch, as AMCAS will not allow changes through their interface.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can’t change your application, but some secondary applications will ask for an update of your activities.

You will not be punished for your change of plans.
Thank you so much for answering! Makes me feel a lot better!

It is understood that plans change. As you've already held your job for several years, your application won't be disadvantaged if you move on. Applicable Secondary essays, update letters where allowed, and interview conversations are your only recourse to communicating a job switch, as AMCAS will not allow changes through their interface.
Thank you, I really appreciate your response!