Change of Date for MCAT - need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xjustbreathex

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read through the threads on this subject but none seem to address my particular issue :confused:

I am currently registered for the April 5th administration. I started studying a month ago and it is going well. It hit me today though, that tomorrow will be the middle of Feb. leaving me only 6 weeks of prep. I am feeling bit antsy about this.

I was thinking about pushing it to April 18th/19th, but the 1 week in between is filled with 2 exams for school so I wont get any more prep done then.

So my only other option is to go for May 10th. This isnt so bad (its 3 days after finals but I can deal) other than the fact that I was planning on applying super early (ie everything in by June 1st).

How bad is it if I don't get my scores back until June 10th but have submitted my AAMCAS already?

I obviously am not going to take it come the 5th if I am not ready, but I really am worried about the time frame.

SO sorry for the long drawn out post and ANY advice or info would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitting it early will not hurt you at all, AMCAS doesn't start processing and validating the first set of applications till around the end of June anyway. May 10 would be the latest, earliest date that I would recommend to take the MCAT if you still want a really early application with your scores, but make sure you send your transcripts off to AMCAS early too.