Changing MCAT date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rorymilly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I am scheduled to take the MCAT on 6/20 but I just don't think I will be ready by then. I want to reschedule to 7/30 to give myself more time to prepare.

However, if I wait this late my application won't be complete until the beginning of September. I know people say that it is important to apply early and I am not sure if applying that late will severely hurt my chances of being accepted.

I have average stats for D.O. school and below average stats for M.D. I am applying to both D.O. programs and low-tier M.D. programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious what do you consider average stats for DO? I haven't really looked into many DO programs but I am wondering if I should also apply DO just in case- I realize their programs take more of a holistic approach- I would say depends on where you are at in your MCAT prep and how your practice tests are looking- also consider this will 1 extra month really give you strong improvement in your score? Will you have plenty of time to really dedicate to your prep to where waiting will be worth it? Just some things to consider