Chapman University DPT class of 2024 (summer)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Henhen321

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guy!

I wanted to create a space where we can help each other share info about the school, the admission process, and anything about the program. I haven't heard anything back from admissions yet. Please share your experiences as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guy!

I wanted to create a space where we can help each other share info about the school, the admission process, and anything about the program. I haven't heard anything back from admissions yet. Please share your experiences as well.

I've been seeing on here that people have gotten accepted into the summer program already but I haven't heard anything back as well

Reactions: 1 user
I've been seeing on here that people have gotten accepted into the summer program already but I haven't heard anything back as well
Thanks for letting me know. I think we both still have good chances! Lets hope for the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in August & was notified of admission on November 2nd for the summer cohort!! :)

I applied in August & was notified of admission on November 2nd for the summer cohort!! :)
Dude congratulations! The waiting is over and the grind is over! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Dude congratulations! The waiting is over and the grind is over! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?
Thanks!!
cGPA: 3.65 pGPA: 3.6
GRE: 149V/150Q/4.0 AW
Observation hours: 75 in-patient, ~500 outpatient
GRE was kinda low so I'm so grateful I got in!

Last edited:
Thanks!!
cGPA: 3.65 pGPA: 3.6
GRE: 149V/150Q/4.0 AW
Observation hours: 75 in-patient, ~500 outpatient
GRE was kinda low so I'm so grateful I got in!
Thank you so much for sharing and again congrats, future DPT =)

Got accepted November 2nd as well! Turned in my app late August!

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an email saying I have been waitlisted. =(

Have any of you guys applied to the Fall cohort too and heard anything from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied to Fall and haven't heard
I got an email on Friday saying that my application is still under review. I do have one outstanding prerequisite and I do not know if that is hurting my chances?

I got an email on Friday saying that my application is still under review. I do have one outstanding prerequisite and I do not know if that is hurting my chances?
I have one outstanding as well and I've been wondering the same

I forgot to mention the waitlist email was for the summer cohort. I also had classes in progress and emailed my schools that I preformed the academic update today.

I forgot to mention the waitlist email was for the summer cohort. I also had classes in progress and emailed my schools that I preformed the academic update today.
Did you send a new transcript? I have courses in progress at two separate schools. At my university, my grades have been posted but at my community college, the grades aren't posted yet so I'm unsure of what to do

Did you send a new transcript? I have courses in progress at two separate schools. At my university, my grades have been posted but at my community college, the grades aren't posted yet so I'm unsure of what to do

It says we can update with our unofficial grade as soon as possible. Then we can send in our official transcripts to ptcas for verification.

It says we can update with our unofficial grade as soon as possible. Then we can send in our official transcripts to ptcas for verification.
I would email your professors about your situation so that you can get your unofficial grades.

I would email your professors about your situation so that you can get your unofficial grades.
I went ahead and sent PTCAS my official grades from my university and will send the transcript from my community college once it's posted- so hopefully that was the way to go haha

Just got an email this morning that I was waitlisted for summer. Idk what that means for the fall cohort, but I’m wondering if it also has to do with my degree not being complete yet? I received an email a few days ago that my application isn’t complete yet until I do the academic update. Anyone have insight on that or got accepted without having a complete degree yet? Thanks and congrats to everyone accepted!

I applied to both cohorts and haven't heard anything from either. I did have 2 outstanding courses and I did my academic update today as well.

What if I am taking the outstanding course in Spring of 2021? That is the only reason why I only applied to the fall cohort. I would not have been done before the start date for summer.

Just got an email this morning that I was waitlisted for summer. Idk what that means for the fall cohort, but I’m wondering if it also has to do with my degree not being complete yet? I received an email a few days ago that my application isn’t complete yet until I do the academic update. Anyone have insight on that or got accepted without having a complete degree yet? Thanks and congrats to everyone accepted!
Hello,

I got accepted with an “incomplete degree” I need to resend my transcript with my degree listed. The academic update window should be from December till January not 100% though! They just need it before May (when the summer cohort starts). Hope this helps

I'm on the waitlist for the summer cohort. I asked and they said I'm in the 3rd tier out of 6

I'm on the waitlist for the summer cohort. I asked and they said I'm in the 3rd tier out of 6
Does that mean that you are 3rd on the waitlist? Or does it mean you are in the 3rd group for priority?

Also has anyone received a confirmation after accepting being on the waitlist?

Does that mean that you are 3rd on the waitlist? Or does it mean you are in the 3rd group for priority?

Also has anyone received a confirmation after accepting being on the waitlist?
Pretty sure it means 3rd group out of 6 groups

I haven't heard anything for the fall cohort, but one of my friends applied to both cohorts and still hasn't heard anything from them about either :/

I was told I am first tier out of six on the waitlist for summer. They said there's about 25 people in each tier and that they don't specifically rank the students in each tier.

I received an email from Chapman that said they removed my application from the summer waitlist due to nonresponse. I confirmed that I wanted a seat on the waitlist and even reached out to see where I was on the waitlist. Otherwise, I have just been waiting to hear back from them. I won't be attending Chapman regardless because I received other acceptances but I just wanted to post this here in case anyone is relying on getting off their waitlist. I have no idea why they would remove me but be aware that this could happen!