Cheap loupe lights

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

One of my coresidents brought a 5 dollar cree camping headlight into one of our head and neck cases. Worked like a charm for 3 hours until the battery started to fade. Simply popped in a new battery and kept going.

I have never understood the headlights that cost 1000 dollars. It's light, as long as it's bright and relatively narrow beamed and lasts for a few hours, who cares right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
does anyone know of surgical loupe lights that won't break the bank? I emailed Design For Vision (I have the Nike 2.5x loupes) and they quoted me anywhere from $1300 to $2300. I looked it up on ebay and amazon but didn't find anything promising. I've heard of people getting extra cheap loupe headlights with some caveats (ie short battery life) and I was wondering where they find them.

Thanks in advance!
 
I’d check out lumadent. Theirs are more in the 400 ish range with discounts for residents and are very bright and have batteries that last a looooooooong time. There are insanely cheap options with no name brands that cost about $20-30 but the quality is low- not very bright, very blueish tint, and probably won’t last through a whole case. I’ve had my lumadent light go full speed through an all day composite resection and free flap.