Check my school list please?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by AZFutureDoc, May 26, 2008.

1. AZFutureDoc

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys not sure if this belongs here but this is my list of schools I am applying to. I have a 3.5 sci, 3.5 cum but with an upward trend, expect a high 30's mcat score, have an excellent personal statement and a very well rounded list of EC's with a lot of clinical work but a few hobbies as well. I feel that my gpa is a little low, hence the pretty long list of schools. I have most of the "easiest" schools as well as quite a few reaches. Thanks for the input mates.

Albany
    BU
    Columbia
    Drexel
    Harvard
    Jefferson Creighton
    Hopkins
    Loyola
    Mayo
    NYMC
    NYU
    St Louis
    Sanford
    Stanford
    UofA (AZ resident)
    Tufts
    UVA
    Wake
    WU
    Cornell
    Yale

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SilentNight

Assuming your MCAT is 34+ then your list of schools is quite viable. Except have you done any research work and/or get publications? That may be an important factor in most of the top-tier schools, since the MSAR usually states # of accepted applicants having research experience (>90%).

Overall good luck in the application process and I hope you get in! :)

4. AZFutureDoc

Pre-Medical
    yes I have mathematical cancer research, ecology research done in Ecuador last sum and I am currently working with Columbia med on an AIDS research project. No publications, but a lot of experience.

And thanks for the input!

5. EkLiLiaN

EkLiLiaN MDLilY

Medical Student
    Good list so far...I think you will do well. Hope for the best. You might be surprised (in a good way).

6. AZFutureDoc

Pre-Medical
    Thanks for the support. It's real easy to get negative when filling out your amcas and thinking about everything you COULD have done differently.

Later!