Check my school list please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZFutureDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys not sure if this belongs here but this is my list of schools I am applying to. I have a 3.5 sci, 3.5 cum but with an upward trend, expect a high 30's mcat score, have an excellent personal statement and a very well rounded list of EC's with a lot of clinical work but a few hobbies as well. I feel that my gpa is a little low, hence the pretty long list of schools. I have most of the "easiest" schools as well as quite a few reaches. Thanks for the input mates.

Albany
BU
Columbia
Drexel
Harvard
Jefferson Creighton
Hopkins
Loyola
Mayo
NYMC
NYU
St Louis
Sanford
Stanford
UofA (AZ resident)
Tufts
UVA
Wake
WU
Cornell
Yale

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming your MCAT is 34+ then your list of schools is quite viable. Except have you done any research work and/or get publications? That may be an important factor in most of the top-tier schools, since the MSAR usually states # of accepted applicants having research experience (>90%).

Overall good luck in the application process and I hope you get in! :)

yes I have mathematical cancer research, ecology research done in Ecuador last sum and I am currently working with Columbia med on an AIDS research project. No publications, but a lot of experience.

And thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good list so far...I think you will do well. Hope for the best. You might be surprised (in a good way).

Thanks for the support. It's real easy to get negative when filling out your amcas and thinking about everything you COULD have done differently.

Later!