check this out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgeonpod

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Assuming this is accurate and representative, it's a mystery how compensation is determined...:confused::confused:

ortho surgeon (spine) > neurosurgeon

CRNA > NP & PA

Assuming this is accurate and representative, it's a mystery how compensation is determined...:confused::confused:

ortho surgeon (spine) > neurosurgeon

CRNA > NP & PA

dude ortho spine is very high risk job....you are playing someone's spinal cord....you cud potentially paralyze the person......

Members don't see this ad :)
You know how i know that this is BS? Clinical psych pays 70k average, 100k is easily a top 25% salary.
I sincerly doubt that a pod will be making 180k+, I spoke with one when i got i giant wart on my foot and needed some 'healing' lol.

Ok surgeonpod, Go into what ever career you want jesus.. stop showing us these statistics which show that foot doctors get paid this amazingly.

In life, you are RARELY paid for the skills you bring to the table. You are paid for how in demand your profession is vs. how crappy your profession is and how much it will take to convince someone to take that job. Once you understand this basic fact you will be far less frustrated with the apparent randomness of salary differences.

The physician profession is a bit different because they are often self-employed and there is a complicated web of reimbursement and overhead to consider. This sort of "crappy job pay" does extend into the extreme working hours of surgeons and OB-GYNs but otherwise it's almost impossible to predict what a typical physician will make because of the nature of reimbursement and self-employment.

Professions that are employed by other people, like many psychologists, PAs, NPs and RNs, will be paid whatever it takes to retain their skills. I often hear people complain about how much RNs make despite the fact that they might only have an associate's degree. The point is not how many years of education they have...it's how much you have to pay someone for them to want to keep what is often a very unappealing job.

In life, you are RARELY paid for the skills you bring to the table. You are paid for how in demand your profession is vs. how crappy your profession is and how much it will take to convince someone to take that job. Once you understand this basic fact you will be far less frustrated with the apparent randomness of salary differences.

The physician profession is a bit different because they are often self-employed and there is a complicated web of reimbursement and overhead to consider. This sort of "crappy job pay" does extend into the extreme working hours of surgeons and OB-GYNs but otherwise it's almost impossible to predict what a typical physician will make because of the nature of reimbursement and self-employment.

Professions that are employed by other people, like many psychologists, PAs, NPs and RNs, will be paid whatever it takes to retain their skills. I often hear people complain about how much RNs make despite the fact that they might only have an associate's degree. The point is not how many years of education they have...it's how much you have to pay someone for them to want to keep what is often a very unappealing job.

To a degree this is true, but you have to look at the Max Weber system. If you have a advanced degree your going to probably make/ should make a lot of cash.

However its all based off supply and demand.. If your a well known physician you will make more in 40 hours a week then a new one who works 70 hours a week.
But yah I find it really annoying when you look at a PA having just a Masters and making more then a psychologist who has a PhD + 2 extra years of clinical experience. But thats how the cookie crumbles the world doesnt work like this and its ok.

OP you're annoying.

Podiatrists who do reconstructive surgery probably make ~$200k.