Chem Questions on PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uknowyamapi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, from what I heard that PCAT does not provide a periodic table during chem session of the exam. I was studying Kaplan for the chemistry part, and I noticed that there are questions such as " is Fr a metal, nonmetal or semimetal". I know the most common elements on the periodic table, but for an element such as Fr, I had never encountered before. So in this case, what should i do? How should i study for it? or will they provide more info during the real exam?
Thanks a lot for all the helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, from what I heard that PCAT does not provide a periodic table during chem session of the exam. I was studying Kaplan for the chemistry part, and I noticed that there are questions such as " is Fr a metal, nonmetal or semimetal". I know the most common elements on the periodic table, but for an element such as Fr, I had never encountered before. So in this case, what should i do? How should i study for it? or will they provide more info during the real exam?
Thanks a lot for all the helps!

You will not be issued periodic table. However, molar mass is given.

Well, I think you should memorize the non-metals - there are not that many of them....
halogens, noble gases, C, Ni, O, S, Se, and H.

That should help you in general.