Not open for further replies.

SuperFly123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
Status
hey all,

i have a basic chem question..
im trying to add an inhibitor solution to my cell culture and i need some help preparing it. i want to prepare a solution of 100 microMolar. i have 1 mg of the powder and the volume in which i want to place my inhibitor solution is 2 mL. the MW of the inhibitor is 270 g/mole

i know i have 3.7x10^-6 moles of the inhibitor. if i add the 1 mg of the inhibitor to 37 mL of water i will have the solution of 100 microMolar. however, what i am wondering is if i have 2 mL of media that i want to add my inhibitor to, at what concentration should i prepare the solution and how much inhibitor solution should i add...

does this make sense? sorry, ive forgotten my basic chem and my brain is fried right now.

Moderator note: SDN is not to be used as a homework help service. Please approach your professors, teaching assistants, and friends from class if you are in need of assistance.

jsnuka

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 2, 2006
Status
Post Doc
SuperFly123 said:
hey all,

i have a basic chem question..
im trying to add an inhibitor solution to my cell culture and i need some help preparing it. i want to prepare a solution of 100 microMolar. i have 1 mg of the powder and the volume in which i want to place my inhibitor solution is 2 mL. the MW of the inhibitor is 270 g/mole

i know i have 3.7x10^-6 moles of the inhibitor. if i add the 1 mg of the inhibitor to 37 mL of water i will have the solution of 100 microMolar. however, what i am wondering is if i have 2 mL of media that i want to add my inhibitor to, at what concentration should i prepare the solution and how much inhibitor solution should i add...

does this make sense? sorry, ive forgotten my basic chem and my brain is fried right now.
Isn't this like a dilution problem?

m1v1=m2v2

You might want to try the MCAT questions thread. I am sure there are folx who will jump all over this question for you.

Good luck!!! :luck:

taloddar2002

Slacker
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2004
Kentucky
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i get 0.054mg, but i could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.