Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Application Thread 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also - does anyone know if CHOP has a lot of internal applicants (from Penn's residency) this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone receiving emails to say programs are preparing rank list but unable to locate you in order to rank even though you’ve already registered with NRMP and verified that you are in fact searchable?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received post-interview communication from CHOP or Brown?
I didn't interview at Brown but I haven't received any post-interview communication from CHOP. Have people started receiving any post-interview communication?

Got a postcard in the mail from Oregon. Also an offer from one of my interviews, but obvs prefer to not say where!

Anyone receiving emails to say programs are preparing rank list but unable to locate you in order to rank even though you’ve already registered with NRMP and verified that you are in fact searchable?
Yes this just happened to me today. I have no idea why and I contacted AAMC but haven't heard back yet.

Yes this just happened to me today. I have no idea why and I contacted AAMC but haven't heard back yet.
You should contact NRMP about this, not AAMC. AAMC has nothing to do with the Match itself!

Reactions: 1 user
I have not heard anything from CHOP/Brown (not even responses to my thank you email lol) but I got a couple of phone calls from training directors this week. I'm assuming it means nothing (for my sanity) but I'm curious why they're doing it... Both calls were the training director being like "You would be a great fit for our program, please let us know if you have any questions- this is my personal number and you can reach out to me here"
Man, ya'll just great applicants...

I called NRMP and they told me that all is well so I just emailed the programs to say that I verified and gave them my NRMP and my AAMC number just in case.

Congrats everyone on getting to the end of the interview season! Now that ranks are solidified, would anyone be interested in contributing anonymously to a fellowship spreadsheet? I used the residency spreadsheet a lot when I was applying, and feel like it would have been nice to have more insight into this process before entering into it. I’m happy to put it together if anyone else is into the idea.

ETA: Cool, seems like at least a handful of people are down! I’ll work on it over the holiday weekend:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats everyone on getting to the end of the interview season! Now that ranks are solidified, would anyone be interested in contributing anonymously to a fellowship spreadsheet? I used the residency spreadsheet a lot when I was applying, and feel like it would have been nice to have more insight into this process before entering into it. I’m happy to put it together if anyone else is into the idea.

ETA: Cool, seems like at least a handful of people are down! I’ll work on it over the holiday weekend:)
I'd be down

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be down
Alright, the spreadsheet is made! Feel free to add any tabs you think would be helpful. Since it's a much smaller applicant pool than for residencies, I left off the program names section under applicant info. Happy to make any other changes, but it's also totally open for anyone with the link to edit if you want.

I'll wait for a couple others to add their info first, so I don't dox myself;)

Click here!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone. Tomorrow is our big day! Anyone else feeling the anxiety?

Terribly anxious but just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck!

Good luck everyone!!! Sending everyone good vibes <3

I just heard that Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami has a spot unfilled if anyone is interested!

Does anyone know who else is unfilled? have a co-resident who wants to do child but doesn't want to stay at our home program.

Congrats everyone!!! I’m so relieved this process is over and so excited!

Reactions: 1 users
I am interested in PGY4 positions. Can anyone who fast-tracked mind sharing/DM me which residency program you are leaving and if they would be open to accepting a PGY4 transfer

Alright, the spreadsheet is made! Feel free to add any tabs you think would be helpful. Since it's a much smaller applicant pool than for residencies, I left off the program names section under applicant info. Happy to make any other changes, but it's also totally open for anyone with the link to edit if you want.

I'll wait for a couple others to add their info first, so I don't dox myself;)

Click here!
Thank you for starting this! I would have appreciated having this resource when I was applying!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is there an "ERAS megathread" version for CAP or psych fellowships like there is for psych residencies? Would love a website where you can read individual fellow reviews for programs