This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maddy_w

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I am a masters Biomedical Engineering student working on a project to develop a device to be used when an upper airway obstruction occurs and I am curious about some of the current methods. I would appreciate your honest answers to the following questions:
1) Do you find chin lift or jaw thrust more effective in addressing upper airway obstruction?
2) What percent of cases in which tongue fallback occurs will chin lift sufficiently re-establish an airway? (0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%)
3) Why?
4) What percent of cases in which tongue fallback occurs will jaw thrust sufficiently re-establish an airway? (0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%)
5) Why?

Thank you! I appreciate any insights you have.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad