Chm Question _

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dochall22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The heat of fusion of water is 80 cal/g, the heat of vaporization of water is 540 cal/g, and the specific heat of water is 1.0 cal/deg/g. How many grams of ice at 0 ° could be converted to steam at 100 °C by 2,209 calories of heat

Members don't see this ad.

dochall22 said:
The heat of vaporization of water is 540 cal/g. How much heat is needed to change 22 g of water to steam?

The heat of vaporization of water is 540 cal/g. How much heat is needed to change 84 g of water to steam?

I forget which eq you use.
But here are the two equations:

q=mcdeltaT (MCAT)
q=ndeltaH (nAH or mAH if you have grams instead of moles).

cya!

Members don't see this ad :)
let's see, u have something in cal/g, u have something in g. and u need an answer in cal. figure it out.

If you can't figure this out on your own, please find another career to pursue.

seriously, i'm helping someone with some chem quiz study guide, and i didnt want to have to look it up, sorry if i cant recall EVERYTHING... geeze

i had just told him. i know where to get the answer, i know thse really cool guys who are REALLY HELPFUL!!!

I told him you'd have it answered in less than a minute, and what do i get? Trash talking, geeze, and you guys want to be doctors?

Well a simple unit analysis would yield the answer. That's not something that you "can't recall".

I'll throw you the bone:

Q=m(L)

i initially posted the wrong problem, see if it is the same equation for it

dochall22 said:
seriously, i'm helping someone with some chem quiz study guide, and i didnt want to have to look it up, sorry if i cant recall EVERYTHING... geeze

i had just told him. i know where to get the answer, i know thse really cool guys who are REALLY HELPFUL!!!

I told him you'd have it answered in less than a minute, and what do i get? Trash talking, geeze, and you guys want to be doctors?

what do you need to recall it for? this isn't something to memorize. the answers right there in front of you. you have something in unites of "calories/gram" and you ahve something in units of "grams". it only takes a small degree of common sense to figure out how to get an answer in units of "calories".

nothing is easy with you, but i appreciate the formula

you guys are not very nice, don't see how u made it through the interview with an attitude problem

This forum isn't meant to be a free-for-all where people can post everytime they have problems with their homework. This is the wrong thread for a post like this, you should be able to do this yourself, or at least be able to find the resources in person or online to do this. People aren't jumping on you, and the people here aren't the ones with the attitude problem; the person who has it is the one that's acting immature and demanding answers and walkthroughs.

dochall22 said:
you guys are not very nice, don't see how u made it through the interview with an attitude problem
How to get through the interviews?
The trick is to learn to suppress your gag reflex. Ease it in.
Seriously, I think there's an attitude on SDN of camaraderie, for the most part. But people also have their bull**** detectors set to sensitive. Bulll**** is way worse than a lie. Bull**** has no regard for truth or honesty, it's just self-serving. It's insidious and far more destructive than a lie. But a lot of people are full of it.
Oh, and off the top of my head, the answer to your question is 3g. I pulled that number out of my arse. But I'm not telling you how I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.