Votes: 1 20.0%
  • NYU

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Fiwkdj

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So it's the summer right before senior year for me, and I need to choose a school to ED at. I have a 3.9 GPA (two Bs in precalc Honors Junior year), 34 ACT, 790 math II, and 720 Bio M (I'm gonna retake bio next month). I go to a Bay Area Silicon Valley high school, so I'm not top of the class, but still above average. I really like Northwestern, Rice, and WUSTL, which would be pretty far reaches unless I ED. I know northwestern is a great ED school (half of freshman class is ED), but I don't know about the ED rates for the other two.

I'm looking for a school with a good location where I have opportunities to research and find jobs outside the school. If I go to a small secluded school, if other students take up all the resources, I'm left with none.

I'm also looking for a school with great people, people who are cooperative and want to help each other. I hate schools with the vibe that people need like a reason to talk to you, they can't just openly chat with strangers. I know there's those people at every school, but I don't want to go to a school where it's the norm.

I also care about grade deflation. If I want to get into an MD program, I need a competitive gpa. I know classes will be hard at all these schools, but does anyone know if these schools purposely lower your GPA and only give out a certain amount of As every course?

It'd be great if you guys could help me choose with which school to ED at. Also, I'm planning on doing an ED II at either Emory or NYU, if you guys have any knowledge on those schools, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.