CHSU vs. ATSU SOMA vs. AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xiumaia

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any current students or anyone that has any input on these schools since I'm unsure which school I want to go to out of the three. Here are my pros and cons list right now:

CHSU
Pros: 4 hours away from home; new facilities and technology; hear that admin cares about students and have been making changes to improve school; small campus
Cons: new school and not fully accredited yet; no cadaver lab; requires you to take a cooking class which takes up self-study time; TBL learning; limited rotation sites (only in Central valley)

ATSU SOMA
Pros: 1 hour flight/5-6 hour drive from home; lots to do in the area; name of school has great rep (first DO school ever); lots of rotation sites around the country; cadaver lab; P/F system
Cons: hear admin is not great; PBL learning; lots of changes recently now that they switched to 2+2; small campus; heard lots of mixed reviews

AZCOM
Pros: 1 hour flight/5-6 hour drive from home; lots to do in the area; big campus; great facilities and cadaver lab; lots of rotation sites around country
Cons: expensive, not sure if it is worth the tuition; letter grade system

Members don't see this ad.

The rotations were a mess from what I last heard about SOMA. While it is expensive, AZCOM would be your best option if SOMA has not straightened itself out. The Kirksville ATSU was the actual first DO school and is distinct from SOMA.

Are you able to elaborate what you mean by that? I know someone who currently goes to the Chicago rotation sites and says she loves it and that the other sites like San Diego were good as well. She's a fourth year student though so I'm not sure if it changed last year or not

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you able to elaborate what you mean by that? I know someone who currently goes to the Chicago rotation sites and says she loves it and that the other sites like San Diego were good as well. She's a fourth year student though so I'm not sure if it changed last year or not
Those go fast and they lost sites in NYC. You can read through a prior year's thread.

Reactions: 1 user
What are your thoughts on CHSU? Would it be a better option over AZCOM?